My Beauty Oil ObsessionMonday, April 24, 2017
Oh facial oils. They've made such a difference in my skincare routine and I love, love, love them!
It all began with Pony's YouTube video. She mixed facial oil with her BB Cream and the effect was glowy and youthful. I wanted that skin! So I asked someone to buy a bottle of the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Oil (which was the one used in the video) for me.
photo from innisfreeworld.com
I use facial oil either before or after my moisturizer. There are conflicting points of view on how it should be applied. I do either, depending on my mood. Bad news: I threw away my bottle of Innisfree Green Tea Seed Oil after a year because it began to smell rancid. If I remember correctly. it mostly contained Grapeseed Oil and Green Tea Oil. The other oils I've tried have lasted longer than that.
Let me show you what I have in rotation. Two drops at a time and lightly press on my face, that's how I apply it.
Pictured above from left to right:
1. My own concoction! I've making my own facial oil for over a year and I'm currently using version 3. The formula keeps evolving - this one contains Argan Oil, Golden Jojoba Oil, Calendula, Green Tea, Rosehip & Pili Nut Oil. It also has a low concentration of Rose Otto, German Chamomile, Helichrysum and Elemi Essential Oils.
2. Caudalie Divine Oil. The small bottle was by the checkout of Sephora and it was calling my name. I ignored it a few times but finally caved. The scent is intoxicatingly deep, with a hint of floral. Mysterious, familiar and warm. I love using it on my face, sometimes on my hands and arms.
3. Bodyfood Skin Oil. I've been supporting Filipino indie skincare brands. With a rich selection of raw materials, its easy to fall in love with such wonderful products. This skin oil, I use more on the body as it doubles as fragrance. The combination of Rose, Frankincense, Jasmine Grandiflora and Agarwood in a base of Argan and Golden Jojoba Oils makes it so exotic.
Ana, the owner of Bodyfood, knows how I love Agarwood (also known as Oud). She was the one who introduced it to me and the memory of the scent lingered on for weeks. It was such an experience. And she's such a darling to have included a drop of it in the skin oil.
I recently ordered Ana's Rose Tea Serum (roses infused in Pili Oil) and I cannot wait to use that too!
4. Lunas by Nanny Rose. Mandy's face oil contains Pink Roses and Ylang Ylang (from her back yard!) infused in Avocado and Golden Jojoba Oils. Geranium Essential Oil was added. It is a soft, powdery floral that feels like a comforting hug. Its a bit heavier than some of the ones listed here, but it absorbs fairly quickly. I use this one days when my skin is extra-dry or when I want a nice, protective layer on my arms.
5. Paul & Joe Facial Treatment Oil. This is what I use on days when I need to feel more alive. The citrus scent is uplifting and that's what I love about this oil.
6. Ilog Maria Royal Jelly Facial Oil. This was my first Filipino indie brand to try. Ilog Maria is a honeybee farm so their skincare items include bee-products. Its a bit greasier than the rest, so I usually include this in my evening skincare only. After years and bottles of this product, I still cannot figure out the scent. Citrus and Floral... but there's something else. It has a wonderful, addictive scent that somewhat reminds of me designer baby cologne and Japanese gel car air freshener. I know that sounds weird but it smells good.
7. Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse. Its been on my wishlist for two years. But the price made me think twice. The only reason I have it now is I purchased a gift set which had two bottles of the oil, the other was pocket sized. Its a better deal than buying the full sized bottle. The scent is similar to Caudalie - like they're sisters. Such a beautiful scent. And it feels nice on the skin too.
What are your favorite beauty oils?